Friday 1 July 2011

How to be Happy at 50! - Tip No. 2: Choose your attitude!


Each morning when you wake up you have two choices.

You can choose to be in a good mood or you can choose to be in a bad mood. 
I choose to be in a good mood.
Each time something bad happens, you can choose to be a victim or you can choose to learn from it.
I choose to learn from it.
Every time someone comes to you complaining, you can choose to resent their complaining or you can choose to help them look for a positive solution.
I choose to help them.


Life is all about choices. Every situation is a choice.
I choose how I respond (not react) to situations.
I choose how people affect my mood, it's my mood not theirs!
I choose to be in a good mood or a bad mood.

The bottom line: It's my choice how I live my life.

My Challenge to YOU:
Over the next few days become more aware of the choices you have in your life by noticing when you REACT to a situation rather than RESPOND.
I’m not sure what the differences in the origins of these 2 words are, but I do know that when I had some throat surgery a few years ago it was better that my body RESPONDED to the treatment rather than REACTED to it!

RE-ACTING sounds to me like doing the same thing over again and life has taught me that when something isn’t working, it's time to do something different.

Do you remember the saying: ‘If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again.’ Perhaps this saying is responsible for so many of the older generation allowing themselves to RE-ACT to life.

I prefer the saying: ‘If at first you don’t succeed, have a really good think about the consequences of continuing trying to do it that way. Then having done that, consider the consequences of doing it another way. Finally, choose whichever brings you, and those you care about, the most happiness’

It's your choice, so CHOOSE WISELY.



1 comment:

Lou said...

That's the advice I've been following since I visited you in January and it's working really well for me... Life is amazing! I'm loving every minute of it. Thanks