Friday 8 July 2011

Don't Let The SHOMs Rule Your Life.

Turn your SHOMs into WOWs!
You know what the SHOMs are don't you....?
All those

Should do's...
Have to's...
Ought to's... and
Must do's...

When you live life by the SHOMs you get stressed, miserable, infect everyone around you and age prematurely. This is because SHOMs are rule statements that others use to MAKE us do things. A SHOM is always followed up with an implied 'OR ELSE', that's how you know it's a rule.
I prefer PRINCIPLES to RULES because they allow us to use flexibility and adapt based on circumstances. Rules on the other hand can only be obeyed or broken, and that's what makes them stressful.
Living your life according to the rules of others was probably quite wise when you were young and immature, however, continuing to live your life by other people's rules when you are grown up is daft. You are capable of making your own choices, and taking personal responsibility for the consequences now.

My tip for those of you who haven't already done so, is to start right now, turning your SHOMs into WOWs

WOWs are

Want to's...
Opportunities... and
Wonderfuls

Happiness in life is often just about changing our perspective.

Instead of thinking: I have to get up and go to work or else I will upset my boss and lose my job (a SHOM),
Choose to think: I want to get up because today is a brand new opportunity to prove to myself what I can do even in situations that I find challenging, how wonderful!'


Have a go today and let me know how you get on.





No comments: