Tuesday 21 June 2011

How to live a great life!

On the 17th of July 2011 I will have been alive for 50 years, that's amazing! It's not actually true as it doesn't take into account my 9 months development from conception to birth. As I seem to have missed the momentous occasion in November 2010, I'll stick to my official birthday for the purposes of this blog. It is amazing to realise I have 50 years experience of being me. I am officially the most experienced person on the planet at knowing all about and understanding everything associated with how I function as a human being.

  1. I have more knowledge and experience of my brain than any neuroscientist;
  2. I have more understanding and information about my mind than any psychologist,
  3. I have more familiarity and awareness of what my body can do and needs than any doctor
  4. I have more insight into my spiritual nature than any priest or religous leader.

How cool is that!

As well as being 50 in July I also have a fantastic life! I married a wonderful woman, I have 3 brilliant children, I live in the countryside in a beautiful cottage surrounded by nature, travel the world for work and pleasure. I love my work and have found the balance that enables me to earn a decent living, be financially secure, be happy, be healthy, be free to explore life, be me.

Life hasn't always been great, there are good days and there are challenging days in everyone's life. I don't believe some people are born lucky, I believe we make our own luck based on the choices we make in response to life. Life has taught me that valuing the good days and choosing to learn something new from the challenging days, leads to more good days and less challenges. I think the key to a successful life is in valuing what is important to us and learning from difficulty.

As a thank you to all the people who have joined my facebook pages 'The Confidence Clinic', 'Brain Mapping Online', 'Pathfinders TV', Britain's Next Top Coach' and others, I'm going to post some tips (I don't like secrets) on how to live a successful life based on my experience. I'll post them over the weeks and days leading up to my birthday on this blog. Feel free to comment and share the link with your online friends and colleagues. 

  

No comments: